MG-CSF continuous sand filter is developed and improved upon traditional sand filter, which has been used in the Europe, the United States and other advanced countries for many years. Besides sand and air, it doesn't need any power equipments or valves. Therefore, the input of labor and material can be reduced a lot. Moreover, the equipment is easy in operation and can save man power and source. Its characteristics are as follows:
1. Backwash pump is unnecessary; needn't stop running when backwashing sand.
2. The sand bed is a moving one, so we needn't worry about sand caking and need change sand.
3. Easy in operation, no supporting components, so it's easy in maintenance.
4. It can treat water with a high SS content.
5. Low backwash water quantity, it only takes up 5% that of the treatment capacity, while traditional filter takes about 20%.
Principle of operation:
Raw water is sent into sand filter by filtration pump, which is scattered into sand layer evenly by water segregator and flows through the layer in an upstream mode. When water passes through sand layer, the filtration process also finishes. Water is discharged out by overflow weir.
The SS, dirt and sand are pumped into the sand washer on the top of sand filter by air lift pump, then washing begins. The principle is: during the process of sand dropping down from the sand filter, the relative speed generated when filtered water flows up will wash away the dirts attached on the sand, then the dirts are pushed to the wastewater discharge weir and expelled from the sand filter.
In addition, the upflow filtration mode and continuous sand-washing function make water just contacts with the dirty sand layer transiently, which can prevent dirt passing through sand layer and polluting water.Application scope:
1. underground water filtration
2. scenic water circulating filtration
3. effluent filtration
4. wastewater recovery filtration
5. Circulating cooling water filtration
6. Surface water filtration
The main technical parameters
||Total Height (mm)
||Filtration area (m2)